Now that you have your high school graduation date sorted, it’s time to go shopping. But this graduation gift guide isn’t just for high school graduates. Those leaving college and moving out for the first time can find plenty of inspiration as well.
However, choosing gifts for high school seniors seems like a daunting task. How do you choose a gift that will be appreciated and something they will remember for a lifetime? To help you out with this, we have prepared a list:
The Unique Graduation Gift Ideas
- DIY Money Wreath- The Money Wreath is a tradition that goes beyond the Middle Ages. It generally consists of three pieces of wood that are connected by a ribbon. You can choose the favourite colour of your senior to make it look personalized.
- Personalized Jewellery– Personalized jewellery is a great option and is a style that is here to stay. It ranges from bracelets and rings to necklaces and earrings. These are thoughtful gifts that express the sentiment that you care.
- DIY Tie Dye Bag- A Tie-dye bag is a fun and easy DIY craft and also be great for a graduation gift idea.
- Personalized Graduation Photo Collage- You can create a personalized photo collage just for the occasion, with all the available photos you have with your seniors. It is the perfect way to give a gift that will have a long-lasting effect.
- Customized Phone Case- If you’re really looking to impress, consider giving them something they’ll use every day, like unique cat-themed phone cases if they’re feline lovers or dog-themed ones if they have a dog, and so on. You get the idea.
- Motivational Printable Wall Art- Wall art with a motivational quote that will help the seniors reflect on it throughout their careers can be a great choice of gift.
- Mini Zen Garden- Our friends at Zen Garden have provided us with this awesome DIY that you can do right in your home. This will make the perfect gift if you have some time and some green thumb!
- Rainbow Friendship Bracelet- Rainbow friendship bracelets are some of the most classic and timeless handmade gifts. They require few materials and are also easy to make. All you need is yarn, a friendship bracelet pattern, and some time.
- Ticket to a Concert- What better graduation gift to celebrate this milestone than tickets to see their favorite music artist live in a concert? You can book tickets from reliable sites like ticketsmarter.com and surprise them with VIP passes or front-row seats to the next show of an artist they adore.
- Hand-Painted Mini Cactus- One of the coolest gifts you can give a new grad is a cactus. Not only is it a low-maintenance plant, but it also can live for years-if properly cared for. And, let’s face it, what better gift can you give a new grad than something they can live with long term? Instead of buying a pre-painted cactus, make your own. A hand-painted piece is a great graduation gift because it’s something that the new grad can take care of for years to come-and something they’ll cherish.
- DIY Travel Kit- One great idea is a DIY travel kit. You can have the graduation year and school name printed on a custom canvas bag and fill it with travel essentials. To keep the gift on the theme, you can add an engraved compass, a map of the graduate’s hometown, or a map of the country.
- Personalized Back-To-School Pencils- Personalized gifts are certainly a fun way to celebrate milestones that cross from unique to classic. For your seniors, customized pencils can be a fun twist for a back-to-school memory.
- Shutterfly Gift Card- Consider a gift card if you’re stumped on what kind of gift to give. Interestingly, Shutterfly offers easy and affordable options for creating custom gift cards for graduation as well as other occasions. So, don’t wait until the last minute- as you never know how long the stocks last!