An open house is an event where people who might be interested in your property, such as a realtor, can walk through and view it. In most cases, open houses happen on a specific day and time. The realtor will generally advertise this in advance.
Usually, an open house is held on a Saturday or Sunday, and during this time, you can tour the home. Open Houses are designed to allow potential home buyers to walk through the property, get a feel for the space, and ask questions. Sellers may also want an open house, either for marketing or simply because they want to sell the home.
It’s usually a planned event where any interested parties can view your property. An open house can be for friends and family, agents, or investors.
The real estate industry may be slow to adopt new technology, but there are several ways to get the word out about an upcoming open house. Finding a real estate agent who advertises online, for example, can help you reach more potential buyers than advertising in a non-digital way.
And you don’t have to spend a fortune advertising online: there are free, third-party platforms that you can use to advertise your open house.
It is big business, and as a real estate agent, you rely on your listings to bring in a steady source of income. If you host open houses, the goal is to showcase your property to potential buyers so they can begin the buying/selling process.
But open houses require a lot of time and energy, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Luckily, you can advertise your open house quickly and easily online when the big day arrives.
Now, if you’re wondering, how you can properly advertise an open house online, here are some tips for you.
- Prospective tenants often view open houses as an opportunity to check out a potential home before committing themselves completely. To maximize exposure to new residents, why not leverage the power of email?
Open houses are a fantastic way to grow your database of interested renters, and emailing them about your upcoming event is a smart way to reach all of them at once.
- In an effort to make marketing real estate easier than ever, Pinterest is rolling out promoted pins. To get more real estate buyers to visit your open house, use Promoted Pins. Promoted Pins are ads that you pay to have shown up in the search results of Pinterest.
Promoted pins will allow real estate agents and brokers to advertise open houses, price changes, and other online promotions on their websites, even in search results.
It will also allow you to promote specific pins to your audience to help generate more leads. Pinterest is a great place to get real estate buyers to visit your website.
- Homebuyers are often drawn to homes with good curb appeal thus, it makes sense to make some necessary upgrades in the home that can improve its overall appearance. This can entail anything from opting for replacement windows tampa (if that is where you live) to getting full-fledged landscaping done or anything else, depending on the type of your property.
- Another way to get the appeal is to prepare a video montage of your open house. Video montages are simple to create, and are often more effective than photographs alone when advertising your open house. You could also make your virtual home tour look as professional as possible by hiring a video production service to make the film. They could help you feature all the best parts of the house; make them look almost cinematic.
- While you may have made the decision to sell your current home, you might not be able to sell your home as fast as you’d like. That’s why it’s important to promote your home online as much as possible. Use social media to tell prospective home buyers about your home, your list price, and anything else you think will encourage them to visit. You can use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and any other social media you have to promote your open house.
These days, real estate agents use social media to drive traffic to their open houses. While Facebook has dominated the real estate social scene for the past few years, not as many agents use Twitter. However, the dearth of real estate agents on Twitter does mean that there is less competition for your social real estate marketing dollar.
- When selling a home, it’s important to make it as attractive as possible. A home’s value will be largely determined by how appealing it is to buyers, and this includes giving it a real boost in curb appeal. Ensure that you keep the roof and gutters in top shape; if needed, contact a firm for Gutter Installation in Woodbury, WI. Don’t forget about landscaping and power washing the driveway.
- What’s the best way to advertise an upcoming open house? If you’re a real estate agent, a weekly newsletter is one of the best ways to advertise an open house.
Simply write up a newsletter about your upcoming open house, and send it to your clients. This way, you can talk about all the reasons why your clients should check out the house, you can tell them when the best time will be for an open house, and you can even include pictures of the house. Plus, your clients get a heads-up about what is going on in the neighbourhood.