When you think back on your happiest moments, chances are you’ll remember them fondly, perhaps with a big smile on your face. You may even recall specific objects, artwork, or moments that made you feel most content. So many things can spark that feeling of happiness. The sparkle of sunlight on an autumn sky, the gentle touch of a loved one, or the perfect shade of green. But one thing we all have in common is the need for love, and many of us long for a home that reflects our feelings of warmth and togetherness. This is where feature walls come in.
Feature walls are all the rage these days, and it’s easy to see why. A feature wall can completely transform a room, cementing its place as a new focal point of the space. The best feature walls marry both form and function, accentuating the architectural details in the room while also emphasizing dark or light colours. They’re also a great way to add interest to a room that’s otherwise too flat—the walls themselves become the features of the room without having to wallpaper or paint them.
What Is Feature Wall?
A feature wall is a wall with an interesting design, usually with a patterned or textured surface and a neutral colour. This year, feature walls brought out the big guns in the home design world. They are no longer just an accent; they’re now a space-saver and a design statement.
Feature Walls Can Be Twisted with A Diversity of Materials
Feature walls are a fantastic way to bring your interior design vision to life. By combining different materials, you can create a feature wall that’s unique to you. From beaded boards to chalkboard paint, feature walls look amazingly different depending on your material.
Feature walls are popping up in homes everywhere. They are great conversation starters, and many may want to know how you created such a cool feature wall. Features can be created with a variety of materials, depending on your budget and the look you are going for.
Tips on How to Pick Feature Wall
Picking a feature wall is overwhelming. There are so many options to choose from, and you want one that will pop and look great in your living room and add value to your home and make you feel right at home.
- Pick Natural Texture of The Wall – When picking a feature wall, it’s important first to consider the colour and material of the wall itself. If you are wanting to add colour to the feature wall, then the colour should match the flooring. A wood feature wall goes well with wood floors, and a painted feature wall goes well with painted floors. Of course, a neutral colour will go with any flooring.
- Go For Geometric – When it comes to picking your feature wall, there are plenty of options if you want to keep it simple. Geometric patterns are fantastic for adding texture and instant style to your room. These shapes also work really well with pastel shades, which create a soft, calming vibe. If geometrics are too much for you, opt for something simple like stripes. This can add a bit of character to your room without seeming too busy.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Prints – Feature walls don’t have to be all colour, all of the time. Don’t be afraid to pair a bold colour print with a neutral colour print or vice versa.
- Consistency Is Key – Don’t make too many stylistic changes to your feature wall. Stick to a colour palette of no more than three colours.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Stand Out – Feature walls are a staple of home décor, especially in this millennial era. They are telling a story of your home, and it’s important they paint the picture of your personality and style. Creating a feature wall doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. You don’t have to be wallpapering a wall, painting a ceiling, or doing anything too crazy. Keep it simple, but don’t be afraid to do something different.
What Is the Point of a Feature Wall?
Feature walls are all the rage in the new home building market, but what are they for? Feature walls are essentially artistic interior walls that don’t have doors or windows. Instead, they’re meant to create distinct areas within an open concept home, which can bring together living, dining, and kitchen areas. But feature walls aren’t limited to new builds. Existing homes could use feature walls to solve design challenges, like separating rooms without taking up floor space or lining hallways as art.
Feature walls make your home look amazing. Often, they are a focal piece in a room and can help you balance the rest of your style. But feature walls have a reputation for being difficult and expensive to achieve. That’s why we’re here to tell you that the feature wall doesn’t have to be as hard as you think.